Wanted:

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

It is really hard to write the wanted ad for the nanny you're seeking to take care of your little one. I mean, how do you even put into words what you're looking for, and more importantly, how are you going to find someone who is as delighted as you are when she goes squealing away in her bouncy seat?

I am also in need of some sanity. I'm feeling kind of off today, and for the last few days, and the first thought I had is "maybe I'm pregnant". (Don't worry, I cannot believe in any remote sense of the word that that's the case. It was just the first thing I thought of, and it totally cracked me up given our 4-year stint to conceive baby M.) Come on!! Ha!! I have seriously lost my mind!!!

{I honestly do not know how infant moms blog regularly. I really want to get back here more often- bear with me!}

5 comments:

Coco said...

Great, for the rest of the day I'm going to be singing that song from Mary Poppins "If you want this choice position, have a cheery disposition..." LOL. It has to be so hard to find someone good enough to help watch your baby. Good luck with it and with drafting your ad!

Praying for Hope said...

I wouldn't have any idea what to write. Can you Google for tips? Good luck trying to blog on anything resembling a regular basis. You have a good excuse why you can't. It's mind-boggling how much time newborns require. And infants. And toddlers. I can't speak on the older children yet.

Melissa said...

I can't even imagine what words to pen when writing an Ad for a Nanny. I know you'll find someone you'll trust and love soon! Amd try Sittercity.com We're use it to find sitters in the local area and they must have a background check before they can apply - BONUS!

If possible, get yourself some "you/me" time. You need it from time to time. Trust me :)

{{hugs!!}}

Marie said...

Hi! I'm come by your blog occasionally; so wanted to share my two cents about this. I recommend you talk to a nanny, (nanny of a friend, coworker, etc) one who is really happy, employed and loves her job. She will tell you it IS possible to love your baby like you do :) That's why the good nanny's do what they do! They are able to do a job 99% of strangers could not!

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding a nanny! And yeah, it's still hard to find time to write and Isaac's 7 1/2 months.