So anyway, she has given me the Liebster Award, and here are the details:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
- Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
- Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- I am addicted to Lands End clothes. Especially since I've lost 30 lbs since September, and I literally needed some new clothes that fit. Someone take their website down! Hahaha
- I took classical ballet for 8 years when I was younger (gradeschool/middleschool), and I was in our production of The Nutcracker each year, so I was everything from a soldier (my first year) to a snowflake and Arabian (solo) (my last year)!
- Roasted Chicken is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. Not only is it pretty easy to make (just stuff some herb butter under the skin and on the outside and throw it in the oven for a couple hours), but it is so versatile- you can make stock from the bones, and unless you have a family of 5 or something, you can get at least 2 meals from the meat!
- One of my goals for 2013 is a whole-house purge. Every closet is (hypothetically) going to get emptied, and stuff we dont use is either going to the trash or the early summer neighborhood yard sale.
- I've been at my job for ten and a half years. WHOA. Where on earth did the time go?
- I have been practicing yoga for 2 years now, and I absolutely love it. I love the meditative side for quiet moments, and the power/flow side for weight loss and cardio! I am by no means an expert (I tried to do a headstand against the wall, and all I have to say is YAH RIGHT! hahahhahaha), but I guess I will get more adventurous as the years go by :)
- I love to be outside. I take M outside to play at every opportunity, and I hope she grows up liking being outside with me!
- I've run 2 full marathons (4:02 and 4:19), 2 half marathons (1:56 and 2:04), and lots of 10-milers. That was in my previous running life, but I absolutely loved running! Maybe someday I will be the super-fit 50-something who goes cruising by the 20-something in the last mile ;-)
- I'm the oldest of 4 kids...and now that we are all grown up, we are really good friends :)
- I really want to keep up better with my blog. I am thinking about making a commitment to myself to post once a week. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?
- I've never been to New York City- the traffic and chaos kind of scares me!!
1. If you could switch places with anyone for a day, who would you choose? One of my younger siblings. I think it would be so neat to have an older sibling.
2. Favorite season and why It used to be summer, but since we moved to our rural mountain/valley location 5 years ago, my favorite season is fall I think. It so beautiful, and the temperatures are refreshing after the hot summer
3. Who is your greatest role model? (And don't say Jesus.) I think I would choose my Aunt. She is an awesome wife and mom, and also she is incredibly faithful/spiritual, and amidst all the hurry of managing her large family, she still makes time for herself and hobbies that make her happy.
4. What is one thing you hope the next generation will change? I hope they will get back to more traditional values and expectations of hard work and success.
5. If you had to live every day in the same pair of shoes, what shoes would you pick? My driving mocs from Lands End. (see #1 of facts about me, hahahaha)
6. How many children do you hope to have? (And do you have names picked out?) I would love to have 3, but after how long it took to conceive M, I am not holding my breath. I dream of being one of the infertile-turned-fertile people, but also not holding my breath... We like the name Felix if we ever have a boy..?
7. What are three words you would hope someone would use to describe you? Optimistic, Generous, Friendly
8. What is your worst habit? Not washing my face at night
9. What is your favorite scent? Homemade rolls baking. Or anything cooking that fills the house with a homey scent :)
10. In one sentence, what do you believe is the purpose of life? I believe that one should live their lives in a way which inspires others to be the best people they can be and not settle for mediocre or what everyone else is doing or what is cool at the time.
11. If you could excel in any special skill or talent, what would you choose? I would choose being patient all the time. Haha :)
Here are my nominees!
1. How did your life change in 2012?
2. What is one of your goals for 2013?
3. Real books or e-books?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. What do you like most about your personality?
6. Where do you volunteer (or where would you like to, if you had the time)?
7. What is your favorite book and/or author?
8. What do you do to relax after a long day?
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. Who are your pets?
11. How would you rate your cooking skills?
Hopefully we can all find new things to connect about! Thanks again Erica for nominating me for this award :)