"Fresh" Air Makes Me Sick

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Yesterday, our across the street neighbors had their yard treated with some kind of super chemical fertilizer treatment. Not just the granular kind you spread with the green rotater thingy. Like sprayed to the max and smellable from miles away.

This morning at 7:30am, I stepped out the front door with Banana and Bert to go on our morning walk, and the smell of their chemicalled-yard hit me smack in the face. I thought, it's alright, I'll just walk past their house and it'll be fine.

I got 20 yards past their house and knew it would not be fine...

I could have turned around and woken Mr. A up and had him walk them. But I look forward to my morning walk as much as the pups do.

So what else could I do? I tossed some cookies in the middle of the road (luckily the dogs just waited patiently for me to finish), and on we went. It was a beautiful morning and ended up being a really nice walk!

Time for some work in the yard today!

6 comments:

Coco said...

Oh so sorry. You should've puked on their chemical lawn!!! :) Hope you feel better and glad you got your walk in anyway.

Brigittemarie said...

Aww!!!! You definitely should have aimed for their lawn..give it a little extra fertilizer HA! Hope you feel better for the rest of the day!!!

Rebecca said...

Too bad you missed their lawn=) Glad you felt better after!

Bridget said...

oh no! I hope you feel better and the smell goes away soon!

Anonymous said...

lol, now that is an adventure!

Anonymous said...

That is funny! You're a trooper to keep going!