Guest Post #2!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hi everyone! Do you remember me? I am Banana! I just wanted to write up this post in between naps this afternoon, because A was telling me how you all wanted to hear how our hike went this morning!

This morning was not like normal Saturday mornings. A woke me up early! Can you believe it? I didn't get to sleep in on the weekend!!! Then after our walk, her and Mr. A were not making normal breakfast (I know what that smells like- can you say, bacon?!)- they were putting water in jugs and getting snacks out of the cabinet. (I was right there, to clean up if any snacks made it to the floor, but no such luck....) I started to understand that they were going somewhere, so I made my way to my chair and curled up, ready for a nap while they were gone.

Imagine my glee to hear them call my name! I was getting to go, too!

But I was still not sure where we were going. Sometimes (last year) when we would go for car rides before they went away for a while, I would end up at the kennel (which I like, but not as much as being home). So I was a little nervous at first, but then I relaxed and enjoyed the car ride.

We ended up going to the forest! Do you know how many awesome things there are to smell in the forest?! I had to pee at least 3 times in all different locations in the first 10 minutes we were there, to make sure other dogs knew I had been there!

Then it was time to go walking with this big group of lively folks. I even made a doggie-friend (picture later)!! Mr. A and A got me this fancy new backpack so I could carry some of our snacks! It is nice and padded and very comfy. Here I am!


So I had an awesome time! It was absolutely 100% gorgeous weather (did you know it's the first day of spring?)!!! And I was very well behaved, except for the times I spotted a squirrel and had to let everyone in a 50-mile radius know about it.

And here is a picture of me with my doggie-friend! (I am in the front and she is the black and white pup.) Her owner is really nice young woman (who brought some friends) who invited us to go hiking with them again! I can't wait!


When we got back to the car, I was super tired. So I slept the whole way home. I didn't even ask for a piece of the hot dog that Mr. A got at the Da.iry Que.en!! But I did overhear Mr. A and A talking about what an awesome time they had and they were so glad they decided to sign up with this group! They are looking forward to going on more hikes with the group, and that would be fine with me!! It was really nice to get outside and go hiking with everyone!

And I just have to say that it makes me so happy to do fun things like this with Mr. A and A. I know that they are sad to not have any kids yet, but it is so nice to see them enjoying their time together so much. I know they are so happy. And that makes me one super excited doggie! (And I promise to be a good big sister when their kids get here!)

So anyway, I think it's about time for another nap for me. This keeping my eyes open thing isn't working out too well.

And after hiking 6-miles with my backpack today, I sure hope A lets me sleep in tomorrow!!!

11 comments:

Dear Diary said...

Banana you are adorable and soooo brave!!! Great job!!! I hope mommy and daddy give you some good treats tonight =)

Hillary said...

Aw, so glad the hike was amazing! :)

Shanny said...

Aww Banana I'm so glad you and the A's had fun hiking!!! Thanks for sharing some pics with us =)

... said...

I’m glad you had a good time and made a friend, Banana. You need to take Mr. & Mrs. A for a hike more often.

AL said...

Banana is adorable! I'm glad you guys had a great hike together and you're planning to go for more. I wish I lived close by - I would love to go (and so would bentley!) Maybe Bentley and Banana would have some fun together :-)

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Banana is adorable and quite the story teller! Glad you all had such a fun day! The weather looked beautiful!

Brigittemarie said...

Banana, you look so happy hiking :D SO glad you had a good time and met new doggie friends! Sounds like Mr. and Mrs. A had a great time too!

Praying for Hope said...

Awwww.

Basic Girl said...

Banana is adorable and what a stylish back-pack!! Too cute, glad you had such an awesome day hiking and you plan to do more of it!! I know my pups Beau and Bella would be all over hiking, unfortunately it snowed this weekend in Chicago. It was a total bummer first day of Spring!!

Becky said...

Banana is so cute - I love her backpack! Glad you had a great time hiking, it is so good to get out and do things like that to take a break from TTC.

Noelle said...

Banana is obviously a very smart doggie, and a sweet one at that. And she didn't even ask for a bit of the hot dog??? She must have been really tired!