Busy busy

Monday, August 10, 2009

Thanks for your comments on my last post- I will keep you posted with any new developments!!

We had a busy weekend (my aunt/uncle/cousins and my next sister came over yesterday morning and we had a day-long pool party! It was a perfect pool party day, but Mr. A and I were exhausted last night after cleaning up!), and my other sister is coming this evening to visit for a few days, so I will likely not be posting much this week. Today is CD7, so my last clomid will be tonight. I have been taking the pills at about 930pm, and I haven't had any headaches this time. (The last two cycles I took the pills more about 11pm.) Not sure if the time matters, but it is nice to not have had any headaches this far!

Please keep my friend T in your prayers. Her hubby has a heart condition, and their adoption agency wanted a letter from his doctor saying that his condition wouldn't affect the parenting of a child. Well, long story short, their doctor wrote this very involved letter with some good points, but in regards to that specific question, basically said he couldn't say whether or not the condition would affect parenting of a child. (And really, I think he's technically right, but the bigger question is that what if one of them were to have an undiagnosed condition- how does being human affect your ability to parent?) So the agency wants more letters from more of his doctors to see what they will say. If I were them, I would be so angry at the doctor, but I think that is just my human weakness coming out- the doc probably thought it was good to be brutually honest. I'm just praying that their other doctors will be moved to write the words that will affirm to their agency that they would be great parents.

4 comments:

Praying for Hope said...

Adoption certainly takes everything into consideration. I understand it, but it hardly seems fair. There are plenty of natural parents out there with and without conditions. I don't see any of them going through the third degree before they're allowed to conceive a child. But I do understand wanting to place a child in the best possible circumstances.

Hillary said...

Glad you are having fun with family! :)

Stacey said...

I will say a prayer for your friend.

Regarding your last post, I'll also be praying for you and your husband as you seek the Lord for your next steps. Wishing you the best!

the misfit said...

And if I were the doctor, I'd have found the clearest way to say no without actually lying. Because I think adoption agencies are evil, and if it doesn't matter that the birth mother is a crack whore and the father was a paying customer, the possibility that the adoptive father wil die from heart disease (which is the leading cause of death among ALL Americans) definitely doesn't matter. Sorry, I think adoption agencies are a bunch of braindead busybodies :).