Avalanche

Saturday, February 06, 2010

No, it's not an avalanche of the 20" of snow we're supposed to get by tomorrow- it's an avalanche of blog award nominations!!

Thank you to In God's Hands, TTC Hopeful, The Journey Through life, and It Only Takes One time... Not! for nominating me for this blog award :) (I think they are the only ones- if you have nominated me and I forgot to make a note of it, let me know!) I am always humbled that even one person reads all of my thoughts day after day, so I really thank you for hanging in here with me!

Seven "interesting" things about myself... (after writing them, I don't know if they are interesting or not! Haha!)

1. I have a heart for volunteering, and I never miss an opportunity to encourage others to take part in some kind of volunteer experience that is close to their heart. Before starting at the pregnancy center last February, I volunteered at our local Ronald McDonald House for 4 years! It was so amazing to be there for families with children in the hospital (lots of preemie parents). I made some great friendships which I will always treasure!

2. I love driving. Even when Mr. A and I are both in the car, I'm usually the one who's driving, unless it is snowing and I'm afraid of running off the road!!

3. Last summer, I made the switch from dish sponges to cotton dishcloths that are healthier because I only use them once and then wash them, and they are reusable!

4. I use our paper shredder's scraps for packing material when I send packages.

5. Mr. A and I both try our best to model our marriage after the concepts in Eggerich's "Love and Respect", and it is truly an awesome way to enhance your/our marriage!

6. I have a choose life license plate.

7. I looooooooove cooking shows!! I think it would be fun to be a cooking show host (all those cute little prep bowls!), and I have learned alot from watching, but it's not one of my realistic goals ;-) Can someone just come to my house and put all of my ingredients in cute little bowls before I start cooking dinner?

And for my nominations, I choose:

From IF to When (Katie) -What I think is beautiful abou Katie is her honesty!

For the Love of Shoes.. and a Baby, too (Ashley) -I love how Ashley sprinkles in beauiful things that aren't really ttc-related

Making Me Mom (Hillary) -Some people tell me that my faith is inspiring, but I find alot of encouragement in Hillary's beautiful faith

The Pugh's (Rachel) -I am a new reader of Rachel's, but I have loved her beautiful reflections

Mission: Motherhood (Al) -My heart is broken at Al's recent miscarriage, but the way she has written about and approached the grieving process has been a beautiful testatment

Stacey's Thoughts on Infertility (Stacey) -Stacey recently found out she is pregnant, and the way she has projected her sensitivity and vulnerability has been so precious to my waiting heart

The Desire of My Heart (Noelle) -Noelle's early pregnancy was great with troubles, but she has hung on in a beautiful way- not being afraid to write about her raw emotions

***

So here's what you need to do:
Thank the person who nominated you and copy the award in your blog,
Link the person who nominated you for this award,
Share seven interesting things about yourself, and
Nominate seven fellow bloggers and add the links to their blogs

10 comments:

Type A Nightmare said...

Awe yay! I am on a pregnancy crisis board and used to volunteer at RMH. Love your interesting things!

Priscilla said...

I'm always the driver too!! Loved reading your seven things!! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you! :) do i have 7 interesting things? hmmmmm.....

Stacey said...

Thank you, A! I'm so far behind on a blog awards post. Need to work on that! Thank you most of all for your kind words. I really needed to hear that and it means a lot to have that encouragement. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award!! :)

Hillary said...

Aw, thank you for the award and for your kind words :) I love that we can encourage one another in our faith along this IF journey! xxoo

Lynn said...

Congrats on your award!

I'm the opposite to you on driving! I hate it and will let The Hubs take over when we're both in the car. I do love cooking though and cooking shows!

Off to visit some of your nominees now :D

Brigittemarie said...

Wow thats great!!! (And there is still a trail of your shredded paper scraps in my garage, however environmentally wonderful...Thanks!)

Happy Blizzarding! over 2 ft up here!

Lori said...

I will look forward to following you in your journey to become a mommy. It not an easy road, but I'm sure it will be worth it all once we are holding our baby!! Prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the nomination and the kind words, A! It means a lot to me. I also volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House for a number of years and loved it. I worked at a special center of theirs in a local pediatric intensive care unit. There were some rough days, but it was one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had.