The Goings Ons

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Have I really not posted since Wednesday?! GEEZ. Darn job! Haha!

And that being said, nothing much has been going on. Well, except a couple more updates from/about the RE.

Mr. A and I had to get our blood tested for H.I V and H.E P before we proceed with IVF. Now, it's not like either of us are anywhere near being in a risk group for those things, but just like how I was worried I had cysts with no symptoms before my very first u/s last October, somehow after we had our bloodtests, I became worried that we would be positive without any symptoms!! Hahahahaha :) Do you think I'm crazy? Mr. A sure did!

Anyway, all tests were negative.

"I TOLD YOU SO!" says Mr. A ;-)

But I blame infertility for my worries. After all, we had no symptoms of being infertile either. And look where we are! Do you think how you're dealing with infertility has affected how you deal with other worries/situations, too?

But anyway, meds will be ordered tomorrow. I was talking with my nurse about how, based on my response to 250iu follistim last cycle, the RE does not expect to retrieve more than 6 eggs. He said this does not decrease our percentage of success, and it is true that we were feeling led towards a lower stim cycle anyway, but I wanted to ask one more time about the dosage. My nurse said that she does not know of any IVF cycle where my doc has prescribed more than 325iu, or else they risk hyperstimulating me and getting the whole thing cancelled. So, alright. I feel like I have asked enough about it, and that God is telling me not to fret anymore. How I respond is completely up to Him. If He is going to bless us with a baby with this cycle, He will orchestrate everything necessary. (Thank you all for your encouraging comments on my ivf post!!)

And speaking of our baby, I have always told everyone that I want a boy first. But I think God is preparing my heart to be open to a girl first. We shall see :) Just prayin' for a healthy baby-- boy or girl.

13 comments:

Shanny said...

Infertility really does get you worried about everything, I agree!

IVF is going to be your lucky cycle and you will have your healthy boy.. or girl...or both... I'm praying for it!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

I too agree! I have not been a person that worries until recently. I think it's just something so out of my control that I find myself worrying. When what I should do is trust God. Easier said than done sometimes.

Will be praying for a successful cycle for you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your tests came back negative. I hope that you get the iu's straightened out and have a successful ivf cycle.

Anonymous said...

I think IF has made me a little bit more worrisome too. I agree. And I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm reminding myself that it doesn't matter the quantity of eggs. Just the quality. And God already knows the perfect little eggies that will be your soon to be baby(ies)! I always said I wanted a little girl first, but I have really felt God working on me to be open to a little boy. And now I'm so ready for whatever God has for us. We just want the baby to be healthy. And I know so many people say that. But I really truly don't care the gender. I think that is something else IF (And God) has taught me. Keep us up to date! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Hannah said...

I am more worried too! I asked the RE's office to check my thyroid again and check my vitamin D levels because I was just sure maybe something like that was throwing everything off. Of course the tests came back fine.

Hoping & praying with you about this ivf cycle! Glad that God is giving you peace about the number of eggs & gender. :)
Hugs!

Alison said...

It's good to hear that your doctor is so confident that you'll be successful even if he doesn't retrieve a ton of eggs. I think 6 sounds perfect! A good goal :)

Anonymous said...

maybe your IVF cycle will bring you a boy AND a girl. :)

Basic Girl said...

So I totally know what you mean, the minute I took the HIV test I was convinced I was the first case to have it with no symptoms...and was really nervous for the results!! I totally blame IF!

I'm hoping so hard this is going to be your cycle, and at the end your get that little girl, or boy, or possibly BOTH!!!

Praying for Hope said...

Are you kidding? IF ramps up the pessimism terribly. Of the women I know who went through IF, quite a few produced only 5 or 6 eggs. Their odds were no different from those who produced more. As Ashley says, it's quality, not quantity. Besides, I have a theory. With fewer eggs, your body's resources aren't stretched so thin and you're more likely to produce better eggs.

Stacey said...

Yes, going through IF (and for me, even more with RPL) has made me quite the worrier. Yet being in a place where you know the only thing you can do is trust the Lord because it's totally out of your hands kinda forces your faith to grow, I think.

So hopeful for you to bring home a bundle of joy!

Priscilla said...

Infertility had made us all worry warts!! I', thinking that it's just part of the lovely experience...

Can't wait to follow you through your first IVF cycle!!!

... said...

You are not crazy. Well, if you are, then so am I. Every test I worry about and I am sure HIV (and the like) would be no different. Best of luck with your treatment and cycle.

Hillary said...

Amen! I'm right there with you - my dose is on the higher side as 225. How we respond is in God's control. Praying we both have "good" responses :)