(Toast and) Royal Jelly

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hahaha ;-) Not the recipe you were expecting, eh?

I ordered a container of royal jelly because I have read that it is another superfood that can help egg quality. I don't know if that is really our problem, but it can't hurt, right?

I *think* I ovulated yesterday. I don't really know because I am pretending not to worry not worrying about being super obsessed with trying.

So this royal jelly is supposed to regulate/enhance all hormones, but I also just read that it may have some estrogenic activity. (Although, I did always have lowish estrogen levels, so maybe a kick in the estrogen pants would be good for me!) If I just ovulated, should it not be taken in the 2ww? But if it supposedly takes 3 months to really affect egg quality, shouldn't it be taken every day for those 3 months? I am finding conflicting advice on Dr. Google!!

Here are some things I've found that are making me wonder if I should wait until I start again to begin, but then again, if it's going to enhance the progesterone, I'd like to take it now! It seems like many people take it every day....

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I have no idea, but have you tasted it yet? I have never tried it but it doesn't sound very appetizing to me so I'm just curious. :)

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

I can't help here either. I did have a friend who tried it and she always talked about it. If you don't find out, let me know and I'll ask. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I used to hear about it all the time as a magical cure for pretty much everything, but I've never tried it. Which is weird, because I've tried pretty much everything else...
Let us know how it is!