Menu

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's SNOWING!!!

I sat down last night and figured out our menu for Christmastime. Of course it is flexible (e.g., if we want to eat out for lunch sometime), but I will have all the ingredients on hand for these things. Here's what we are having next week!

December 23
B-n/a (no one will be here yet)
L-Baked Potato Soup
D-Barbeque Pork Sandwiches w/ Coleslaw
D-Blackberry Cobbler

December 24
B-Biscuits, Sausage Gravy
L-Leftovers, Quesidillas
D-Italian Soup, Rolls
D-Raspberry and/or Apple Crisp

December 25
B-Cinnamon Rolls
L-Ham @ My sister/brother in law's place
D-Leftovers
D-Pumpkin Pie

December 26
B-Waffles
L-Hot Sandwiches
D-Mulligatawny, Rolls
D-Cookies, Ice Cream

December 27
B-Eggs, Potatoes, Toast, Bacon
L-Pizza
D-Chili, Corn Bread
D-Pumpkin Creme Pie

December 28
B-Pancakes
L-Chili Dogs
D-Steak Sandwiches
D-Leftover desserts

December 29
B-Biscuits, Zucchini Bread, Sausage
L-Leftovers
D-Beef & Barley Soup

To Drink: Sweet Tea, Hot Tea, Coffee, Bailey's Coffee, Manhattan's, Beer
To Snack: Nuts, Dried Fruit, Chips/Salsa, Popcorn, Veggies/Dip

What do you think? :) I am so excited to be making all this food!!! (With the exception of the hot dogs, everything will be homemade, including pie crusts and rolls!!)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my, it sounds lovely! I admire you for doing all that! Sounds like you & your company are going to have a great time!

Good Eats!

Coco said...

I wanna go to YOUR house for Christmas!!! YUMMY!!! My guests won't be treated to nearly that type of fabulous cooking. My menu is: breakfast everyday... cold cereal, and get it yourself. Lunch everyday... cold cut sandwiches, make your own. Dinner... fend for yourself. Haha. It's not nearly as heartless as it sounds. We have vegetarians, vegans, meat and potatoes people, and a kid who is allergic to nuts, dairy, gluten, sucrose, fructose, and BEEF. I'd love to cook for them, but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. But I am making a nice big Christmas dinner.

the misfit said...

I am bowled over by the planning. Even the foresight to include opportunities to eat leftovers. I will probably end up buying food for Christmas and Christmas Eve and forget to plan much of anything else, so we'll end up ordering Chinese at some point. Then again, everyone will want to order Chinese anyway :).

Hope the family appreciates your magnificent hostessing abilities!

Anonymous said...

Wow....your house is going to smell so good that week!
Have a great Christmas!

Becky said...

Your menu sounds delicious!!! It all sounds so warm and comforting. I can't believe everything is homemade - I am seriously impressed. I pray you have a wonderful time celebrating with your family.

I have been keeping you in prayer for a little one as well.

Anonymous said...

Yum! It all sounds so delicious! I think the menu sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Can I come to your house for the holidays? That all sounds so yummy, great job!