TGIF etc

Friday, September 23, 2011

So glad it is Friday!! It will be so nice to sleep in tomorrow!!

Thanks for all the compliments on baby girl's name :) We are so excited to meet her! In the "All things TMI" file, I think I lost at least a portion of my mucus plug last night! Of course tons of people lose it and don't go into labor any time soon, but I was just so excited that it seems like my body is gearing up to have this baby! I might be feeling a tad more crampy today, but I am not sure if that is my mind playing tricks on me or not. It is sort of a throwback to the endless days of the 2ww's...trying to analyze my "symptoms" without going crazy and knowing the whole time that they could all mean nothing.

An update on my friend who had a less-than-glowing reaction to the name- she says that she really does like the name- she just thought it was a joke because she'd just talked to me on Saturday and I was staunchly against sharing the name, so when I emailed her about it on Monday, she just thought I gave up and made something up to appease her. She nevertheless admits it was her fault. I still don't think it was a very thoughtful way to react to someone telling her the name of their child, even if it WAS a joke! Because how are you to know?! Even if I told her that we were naming her something like "Paint-Can", I think it's the friend's job to say something nice, even if they hate it! Haha!!

I have a few things that we really need from the grocery store (BUTTER being numero uno), but it is POURING rain today, and I don't really want to go out. Not like the store isn't just 15 minutes away or anything, and not like I have anything else to do this afternoon. Unbelievably, after having my concentration at work be completely absent from January till July, I have totally buckled down in August and this month, and I am sitting in a great position every day at 1pm when I turn off my computer... lest I don't get to turn it on the next morning!

Yesterday, I had lunch with two girls from my prenatal yoga class, and we sat and ate and talked for just over two hours! It was SO nice, and I really hope I have made some lifelong friends. One is due Oct 1 (just a few days ahead of me), and the other is due Dec 28. We talked about all kinds of things (not just baby stuff), and I am so grateful to have met them. It is nice to have the common bond/interest in how yoga helps us to be the healthiest as possible going into labor and delivery and that kind of carries over into other common things like prioritizing healthy/whole eating and active hobbies and things like that. But it is also nice because we all come from different backgrounds, so it was really neat to find out a little more about our histories and families!

Well I think I will do my best to get myself motivated to run to the store. I don't want to put it off too much longer, and the thought of not having any butter in the house is kind of scary ;-)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Enjoy your shopping trip to the grocery store! I lost my mucus plug and 5 days later went into labor so you never know! Have a great day!

Praying for Hope said...

Yay on the mucus plug! I lost mine 16 days before I went into labor. I had the bloody show two days before going into labor. That's the fun one. I remember reading that the bloody show generally means you'll be starting labor within 48 hours. The mucus plug is a positive sign, too. It means your body's getting ready. Your starting to soften and probably dilate. Soon . . .

RMCarter said...

I lost just a tiny part of my mucus plug a few weeks ago (the size of a pea). Since then, I haven't had any symptoms other than period-type cramps. :-/ I can't wait to get this party started!!

Lady Grey said...

I have no idea what a mucus plug is. I'm glad things are better with your friend. I agree with you about the name, though I sat here for a while trying to work out how to say something nice about the name Paint-Can. hehe :)

Trisha said...

Sounds like things are starting to progress! Can't wait!!