An Angel's Message

Friday, December 11, 2009

"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for see- I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people." (Lk 2:10)

Two years ago (2007-2008), my sister and I were teaching Sunday School, and so last Christmas some of the kids brought small gifts for me (and my sister). We were just about to move to our new house, so although I opened each gift and sent thank-you notes, the gifts (most Christmas-related ornaments, candles, etc.) were re-boxed and put in the Christmas totes. Last year we went to my parents' for Christmas, so we didn't get a tree, so I didn't even unpack most of the Christmas decorations.

This year, when I went to unpack the Christmas totes, I re-discovered the small precious gifts from my adorable students. Admittedly, it'd been so long since I'd seen them, I'd totally forgotten what was hidden in the boxes.


Imagine my quick breath when I pulled this angel out of her case


As I read her tag, my eyes started to tear up:

"Angel of Dreams: Somewhere you will find a miracle to match your dream."


Tell me that doesn't speak to your (my) aching, baby-longing heart.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty ornament. I hope she makes your wish come true.

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful Angel/Ornament and the message couldn't be any better; speaks so loud & clear.

Praying for Hope said...

What a perfect message. :)

Jenny said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Rach said...

Perfect timing for that angel.

AL said...

Very pretty!

Nicole said...

beautiful, and so appropriate! :)

Priscilla said...

Beautiful!! I love it!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! And very touching.

Alison said...

So beautiful. Hope you get your miracle soon!

Thankful said...

That is beautiful and so perfect! Hope all is going well.

Shanny said...

It is absolutely beautiful!

Julie said...

It brought tears to my eyes. So perfect.

the misfit said...

That's beautiful.