Thank you!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thank you all for your comments on yesterday's post!! I will write more about that in a minute, first I have to tell you about the worst morning ever....

I had to be at my office for an 8:30am meeting today, so I drove up last night and stayed with my sister. She rents a townhouse in one of those nice communities that have 800 townhouses and 13 parking spots designated for visitors. Know the ones? And WOE TO YOU if you are a visitor and park in a non-visitor spot. Even if you park in a visitor spot, their HOA has now mandated that you must ALSO have a visitor tag on your mirror. Then you have to do a jig and walk backwards 20 yards and then skip forward 15 feet, but not before asking "Mother may I?"... Well, not really that last bit of stuff... haha!

Anyway, as it happened, the visitor tag I had put on my beads that hang from my mirror fell off the beads sometime after 9:15pm when I left it ON the beads. So when I went out to get in my car this morning, the parking spot was empty. PANIC! When we finally find the towing lot, in the most sketchiest of warehouse districts (thank God for her principal who allowed her to be a tad late for school so she could help me get my car!!), I tell the attendant "see, if you look through the window, you can see the permit tag on the floorboard." Unfortunately for my case, it had landed face down (probability is a bitc.....), but I thought for sure once I showed him the other side, it would be fine for me to not have to pay.

Not so.

He called his manager who devilishly said that since it wasn't hanging on the mirror, they still had to charge me but they'd give me $50 off. WELL THANKS, that still leaves me paying $75 for a freak event of nature!! (I give the attendant lot some credit, as he only charged me $50, but he was not the super-nicest guy either...) Who am I to know when the molecules in the plastic parking pass will adjust and send the pass fluttering to the floorboard?!?!? Next time should I sleep in my car to make sure the pass stays put?

Cue the hysterical tears. I promise it was not for show- I honestly couldn't stop the emotions, and I was so upset. Upset that I had to pay $50, upset that my sister would be late to work, upset that I was late for my meeting, upset that these apparently-heartless fools couldn't have some compassion and decency to give me a break. It's Christmas, for pete's sake!!!! Haha.

I called Mr. A during my hysterical crying and left one of my signature indecipherable messages, to which he called back shortly, worried that I had been hit by a bus. Haha! I love that man!! I was still crying when I walked into my meeting (after, of course, going into the complete wrong building and getting all the way up to the 8th floor before I realized it). I don't make this stuff up!! When I sat down at the conference table, the facilitator looked at my big teary eyes and said gently "We're not going to start for 5 minutes, if you need to go to the bathroom."

Ha!! In other words, "You look like a mess, go pull yourself together!!"

Hahahaha!

Then on the way home, I was still steaming about all of this, and Mr. A encouraged me to settle down because the stress probably isn't good for the baby. Touche. Fine, I'll settle down for the baby's sake.

Speaking of the baby, I am so glad I got the progesterone supposit's. Ever imagine you'd read that sentence? (I was able to get them at CVS, thank God!) I feel very good about having them (Bless you, Ann, for saying "Mama knows best!!"), and so far I have had no leaking. None! Is that odd? Somewhere I read that your body absorbs all the progesterone it needs and the rest is what leaks, and of course I'm hoping that I'm absorbing it all because the baby needs it. Is there any other reason why my body would be soaking it all up? (I'm sure there is... maybe it's so excited to have some progesterone it is just taking all it can get.) I dare someone to tell me that they always had some leaking until they got pregnant and then it was all absorbed because it was needed for the baby...

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Man, what a crappy day! And seriously, they couldn't have cut you a break? And where does all the money go to anyway? Pfft.

I hope today is a better day!

Priscilla said...

That does sound like the most annoying morning EVER!! UGh!!

About the progesterone: I feel like now that I'm actaully pregnant there is much less leaking then when I first started using them before my day 5 transfer. Also during my first IVF (that failed) I remember there being more of a mess.

I hope that your body absorbing ALL of it is a great sign!!!

I'm praying for you!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that EXACT same thing has happened to us before! In our own apt. parking lot years ago, when we hadn't gotten the permanent pass yet for our new (to us anyway) vehicle. Except ours had fallen face up in plain sight and they still made us pay the whole fee! I was so pissed...

... said...

That's a terrible start to the day. What a scrooge. Karma's a *itch; not that I believe in karma . . . except at times like this.

Interesting theory on the Progesterone. I never paid enough attention to know.

And Mamas do know best! Good for you!

Thankful said...

So glad you could get the progesterone so easily! Sorry to hear about your $hitty day - hope the rest of your week goes well!

Andrea said...

That is an awful day! *HUG*

AL said...

That is a truly terrible way to start the day, I hope the rest of the week gets much better.

Glad you got the progesterone suppositories and you haven't been leaking..

Jane said...

So glad you were able to get the progesterone so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! That's an awful way to start a day. I hope this morning was a little better. :) And I'm glad you were able to get the progesterone so quickly.

Nicole said...

AGH! That is an awful story, and I can't believe that parking people were such scrooges! Any time of you that would have been ridiculous, but hello- ever heard of Christmas spirit? Geeze!
I'm glad you like the supps, and I absolutely can't believe you have no leakage! I maintain that it's impossible to have none and it will show sometime. But that's just because my leakage was horrendous. How many days have you been on it?
:)

Hillary said...

I have been reading your posts but just able to comment now...!

First of all, that sounds like a horrible day - I'm so sorry for all the stress!

And I was so surprised to hear that was your progesterone level!! I'm just guessing, but wouldn't each follicle that ovulated turn into the corpus something that releases progesterone? I'm so surprised your progesterone was low after ovulating (4?) eggs. BUT the progesterone should definitively help. My RE doesn't even care as long is the progesterone is 5 or greater, and just puts everyone on supps.

Hang in there as you near the end of your tww!

the misfit said...

This long silence from you! What news...? (I mean, I know there's a snowstorm. I guess I assume that everyone else, like me, has spent many hours under blankets with a warm laptop.)

... said...

I've been wondering, too! Hope you're staying warm.

Erica said...

I have a feeling my comment might not have gone through last night...weird computer stuff. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping you're well!

AL said...

Any news A? I've been thinking of you this weekend and today. Hope you're well.