Old Fashioned

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's been a great break-from-injectable-IUI month so far. It's been fun to do things the old fashioned way, you know, not have to do the shot before dinner, not have to have an ultrasound every other day and bloodwork sprinkled in there, too, and not have to anticipate the day of the IUI. You know, get some fun, spontaneous use out of that lawn-jer-ay that may or may not have been in circulation in the last few months. Not that we haven't been taking care of business, but it's just been a little less light hearted. I'm pretty sure we have the light hearted covered this time!! (or uncovered.... hahahahaha....!!!)

That's not to say that we're not keenly aware that, especially right now, it's getting to be the time where it is mucho important that we are spontaneous on a regular basis. (Oh, the irony.) I expect to ovulate either Sunday or Monday, so maybe it'll be like the movies and three weeks after New Year's Eve, I'll cluelessly realize my period is late and take a HPT and it'll be blaringly positive!!

Here's hoping that some old-fashioned lovin' brings an old-fashioned adorable cooing baby in 2010.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

DH and I have also been enjoying our month of "old fashioned" fun. But like you, it's hard not to think about when the best time might be. Here's hoping for a New Year's miracle... for both of us! :)

Rach said...

Thats exactly why I hate when people tell me to just "go with the flow" and "dont think about it". It's impossible to not realize where you are in your cycle!

That would be really awesome if it worked out that way. I'm cheering for ya!

Hillary said...

Hhaa, love it! Have fun the good ol' fashioned way with that DH of yours! I had to laugh when you said that you'll cluelessly realize your period was late 3 weeks after NYE...wouldn't that be nice :) But even nicer will be the pregnancy itself! You're on progesterone, right? Oral or suppository? Good luck with that!!

Melissa said...

lol, love this post.

Here's to a oh snap! We conceived around New Years moment. I'm pulling for you!

Leah said...

I'm hoping too! :-D

julie said...

Enjoy this long weekend of good old fashioned NYE fun! Hope this month brings you your BFP. What a great way to start the new year! (-:

the misfit said...

I'm impressed that you're still using the lawnjeray (I read that about FIVE TIMES before I figured out what that was supposed to be). Mine is collecting dust - but then, I've been married longer, I think ;)

I think that regular spontaneity would work really well for people who had sex on average 2-3 times a day. There was a time (childhood, I believe) when I assumed this was normal for married people. Alas...

Anonymous said...

I guess we're still doing things "the old fashioned way", if you consider temping, charting, fertility monitors, cm supplements, progesterone, and very careful timing to be "old-fashioned". I guess it is in the TTC world :).

I, too, took a few extra seconds to figure out what lawn-jer-ay was :).

Good luck!

The Wife said...

I understand completely! That was one of the perks of the cruise. It was still in my head, but I felt like I could ease up a bit, nothing "had" to be done.

Alison said...

I hope 2010 brings us both some cute bouncing babies!!