Blizzard Baby(s)

Saturday, December 05, 2009

That's right folks. I am officially calling our prospective offspring our blizzard baby(s)! Isn't that cute? We woke up to snow this morning, and it has steadily accumulated to about 4" right now! I think estimates are around 8" for this snowfall, but it looks like it is tapering off. Banana hates the snow (where is the grass to poop on?!), so she is less than excited, unlike me who is completely stoked that it's snowing! Our area is just breathtakingly gorgeous under a blanket of snow.

ANYWAY, by the grace of God, we arrived safely at the RE's this morning (the interstates were a bit slushy/slippery, but no snow on the road thankfully). And safely home, obviously. Mr. A is again the star of the day, as his part of the event this morning went really great! :) I feel like I was gearing up to ovulate early this morning (pretty bloated/gas pains), so I'm pretty excited about the IUI timing! During the IUI itself, I had some cramping, and I am cramping right now, too, as well as still feeling kind of bloated. I have way less spotting than last time.

I am praying our blizzard baby(s) will find a place to snuggle in!! Baby, it's cold outside!

(It is totally not a real blizzard. Which makes me calling them our blizzard babies even more hilarious because every time I call this a blizzard, Mr. A emphatically expresses how ridiculous I am being!! HA!!!)

The coolest part of the morning is that in between Mr. A's appointment and the IUI itself, we went to look at wood stoves! We are hoping to have one installed in January in front of our fireplace, since wood stoves are more efficient than fireplaces. (And since Mr. A has a ton of friends with property so we can get free firewood, this would drastically decrease the cost of heating our house in the winter.) I think we picked one we both like, and I'm pretty sure Mr. A is going to order it on Monday! He's actually meeting up right now with my sister and her hubby to clear some trees they have down on their swim club property. (Yes, somehow he convinced them to meet up while it is snowing!)

It was really fun to go wood stove shopping :) Much more fun than running a red light and crying in the Burger King parking lot like last time!!! I think the wood stove is going to look great in our family room and do a wonderful job of heating!!

I am going to write up the Giveaway Post this afternoon and have it publish tomorrow. Basically, all you will need to do to enter is leave a comment on tomorrow's post (I'll cut off comments Monday at 5pm EST), and then I will randomly pick a winner! But I'll be more specific in tomorrow's post. I also wanted to mention that I'm not getting paid to do this or talk about their site- I just thought it would be a fun thing for you readers!

Hope everyone is staying cozy today! Thank you all for your prayers :) Here's praying (begging) for a week-before-Christmas BFP and a late August little one (or two, haha)!!

**Edited to add this verse my friend T emailed me this morning- I love how powerful and comforting it is, having waited for such a time already!!!

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." ~ Habakkuk 2:3

15 comments:

Jessica said...

It sounds like the timing of the IUI was perfect!! I hope you get an early Christmas gift!!

Thankful said...

How fun to have snow today! Glad it didn't hamper your efforts. Swim, fellas, swim!

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

Fingers crossed for your blizzard baby(ies)! LOL! That verse is SO awesome. I'm probably going to steal it! Thanks! Keeping you in my prayers during your 2WW.

Priscilla said...

Love the nick names!! Praying that you and your DH get the best Christmas present EVER!!! xx

Nicole said...

Good luck with the rest of this cycle/2ww! Glad the IUI went well!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the IUI went well. I'm praying for healthy blizzard baby/babies! :)

Jenny said...

i'm glad you made it! i'll be praying for your blizzard baby/ies too!!

Alison said...

Glad you made it safely and sounds like everything went well! My fingers are crossed for you and Mr. A this month!

Jane said...

Sounds like everything went super smooth for you! (I always get so nervous there at the end.) Here's hoping that we both get some fantastic news this month! (My beta is Friday the 18th, and I'm already a total wreck!) Hugs and prayers for you!

Praying for Hope said...

Looking for the end of that 2WW. Good luck!

AL said...

I hope you get the best early christmas present!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the 2ww, glad you made it through the "blizzard"! Haha :).

I love wood stoves!!! We have a pellet stove, which is awesome too, but there is just something so wonderful about the crackling fire and smell of a wood stove.

Shanny said...

Haha I love the Blizzard Babies name =)
Good luck!!!!!!!

Hillary said...

I am so thankful everything went so well today! Praying for the Blizzard Babies - I love the name!

Stacey said...

My IUI was the day before yours, and we also had snow for our appointment! (The truly amazing thing about that is that we live in Houston, Texas!)

Waiting expectantly with you!