Back on Track

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

After too much contemplating and lamenting the Oreo package yesterday, I am happy to say that today is looking much better. :)

I have already weeded and watered our veggie garden, which I am so excited to say is looking great!!! I am all set to have a breakfast of cherries (from the farmer's market!!!) and Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal (my favorite because it has omega-3's and protein for baby girl!) with organic milk. YUM.

Then I am getting a much needed hair-trim this morning (only a trim- I don't want to do one of those drastic pregnancy hair-chops)!

Then a friend of mine and her FIVE (soon to be six; she is due a week after I am) kids are coming for lunch and swimming this afternoon. Should be a perfect day for it- sunny and 95!

She is bringing gazpacho (sp?) and tuna salad sandwiches, and I am making a huge salad with some garden lettuce, farmer's market tomatoes, organic carrots, and Mennonite (boiled) eggs. I think I'm also going to go and get some fresh fruit for a snack for us all this afternoon.

I'm taking the day off of work, and I couldn't be happier!! Hope your day is looking up, too!

9 comments:

Bridget said...

This sounds like an awesome day!! Have fun!

Coco said...

Ooooh. Yummy and FUN!!! Hope your day is great! Sounds amazing. :)

Melissa said...

Everybody needs a break from work now & then to enjoy the sun, have great fun with friends! Yay!

Enjoy your day!

TeeJay said...

I wish I could go swimming with you! Enjoy your day and your company...sounds great!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like delicious fun!

the misfit said...

Now that sounds like an AWESOME day. This weather is outrageous, and despite grumbling all of May about the impending Swamp of Death, I don't think I was really prepared. I wish I had a pool :).

Baby Hopes said...

I love the sound of all the fresh local produce! I miss farmers markets!

Trisha said...

Hope you have a great day! Sounds like lots of fun!

Adele said...

Sounds like a wonderful - not to mention YUMMY - day. I hope you enjoyed it.