Nothing New

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Feels like quite a while since I last posted, but I really appreciate your comments about my BIL! It totally isn't really my problem, but it was really neat to hear some of your perspectives. I'll let you know how they do, if I try some out!

We had a nice long weekend. Nothing super exciting- just a birthday cookout for one of Mr. A's coworkers yesterday, but I worked some comp time since I probably won't be working much on Friday when I'm taking care of my cousins. I was going to bring Banana, but there are so many things on the schedule that I think it would be stressful for her to be left alone in their (unfamiliar) house so many times per day.

I'm on CD7 and haven't had any clomid side effects to speak of. Like, none. I also discovered that I did have 5 monitor sticks left in the last box, but the box expired this month! What the heck! Have I been relying on sticks that are past their prime- about ready for the dumpster?!? The box I just got expires a year from next month...it's not like I had the last box for a year!!! Can I blame our lack of pregnancy on using almost-expired monitor sticks last month? Hahahahahaha!

I am almost beside myself excited for Building a Nest- she is pregnant using follistim injections!!!!!!! Obviously I would love God to bless our marriage with a child this cycle, but this gives me so much hope that He might specially bless our first follistim cycle, too. God, I beg you to turn Your face to us and bless us with a child...

Not much else going on here- kind of a rambly post- today one of my coworkers said to me "Isn't it amazing how the day after Labor Day feels so different?" I didn't really know what to say- it feels completely the same as last week to me! Ha! Okay, maybe it is a little cooler today, haha. I guess it feels different to him because he is teaching his daughter her first (homeschool) math lesson of the year today... (his wife teaches the other subjects)....

PS. I promise to get back to commenting on your blogs soon!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up in the South, we always started school in mid-August, so the day after Labor has never meant much to me other than the end of a nice, long weekend.
That always ticks me off when I have spent money on things and I find that they are about to expire.

Baby Hungry said...

Sorry about the expired sticks. I really hope the new ones will be the trick to making this cycle work! Glad you aren't feeling any symptoms!

Praying for Hope said...

From what I've heard about Clomid, no symptoms is probably a good thing. Then again, a sypmtom or two to show that it's doing something is nice too. I'll pray right along with you about the follistim cycle. It can be a big relief to know that it actually works. I hope it'll work for you, I really do.

Hillary said...

I'm praying with you that God would bless you with a child!

the misfit said...

That's so weird about the OPK sticks! Did they show that you ovulated at some point? Do you suppose that being expired would make them show earlier, or later, or...?

I have to say, I wasn't even expecting it to, and the day after Labor Day feels COMPLETELY different. The temperature dropped almost 20 degrees from yesterday, there were fallen leaves all over my yard, and I suddenly realized how very early it's getting dark.

... said...

That's crazy about the sticks. I spend a fortune on them so I hate to throw any away.

I'm glad you're having no clomid side effects. I was one of the lucky ones to have no problems on it either.

Thank you for the shout out. I'm still in dangerous territory though. But I am obviously a fan of the clomid-follistem combo for myself.

I pray this is your month.

Jenny said...

yeah, you totally have to watch those sticks! i bought some once and got home and realized they were 2 months out of date and had to take them back! so glad clomid's not giving you any nasty S/Es!!!