Return to Normalcy

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It is quite a different lifestyle, the one with kids. Not to mention middle-to-high-school-age kids. All of whom are involved in a number of different sports and other activities. None of whom can drive by themselves (but one of whom is getting his license in 3 weeks). And one of whom has 3 older brothers and therefore needs to play "spa" 24 hours a day when there is another girl in the house.

But I think I fairly successfully did okay at being mom for 3 kids, ages 11-16, this weekend! I'm pretty sure everyone got where they needed to go, on time, and we still had time for some some hangin' out at home and a dinner out on Saturday night. My aunt and uncle must drive 100 miles a day dropping this person off, picking up someone else, dropping them off, and picking up the first person again! Ha!

I hope they all had a blast like I did- craziness (and leaving for swim practice at 615am on Saturday morning) aside, they are all generally great kids, and I was so glad to be able to be with them this weekend. The one lesson that I have learned is that I need to make all my kids be in the same sport...

I had told myself that I'd take this cycle (clomid #4) easy, and I thought our timing would be terrible, since I was away CD 10-12, but I just got my peak today (CD14), so we might actually have a fairly decent shot.

Speaking of shots, my follistim and HCG (Novarel) for next cycle is being shipped and should arrive tomorrow! Whoa. Never had to answer "Would you like a sharps box with your order?" before! Haha. I had to order them in advance because it takes about a week from the time my RE faxes them the Rx to the time it arrives, and Lord knows that I would be not so happy if I didn't have the meds on the day they wanted me to start them (about CD3?). It is a huge praise that my co-pay for these medications is pennies compared to what they actually cost, and you can count that I'm continually thankful for that blessing. I am a little confused on the dosage, but I'm sure that the RE will help me figure it out.

Well actually, let's be serious, I'm hoping that I don't need the next set of meds, you know? I would love to be able to donate them to my clinic for people who don't have the means to buy them...

We shall see what God has in store for this cycle. We are continuing to seek Him in this journey, knowing that His ways are not our ways!

(Becky, I would love to do a post about all those things you asked about- stay tuned!)

6 comments:

... said...

Swim at 6:15! Oh, my. Sounds like a jam packed weekend!
Great timing for your peak day! I hope you don't need the meds next cycle, either. I didn't know you could donate extras.
Welcome back to normalcy!

Baby Hungry said...

Good job surviving the weekend! I don't know if I could do it! I too really hope you get to donate the meds!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys have a possible chance this cycle. LOL I found it weird too when they asked me if I needed a sharps box or alcohol wipes. What are we supposed to do with the sharps box when we are done with it?

Becky said...

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. I am hoping and praying you won't need the Follistim as well. You reminded me that I still have some Follistim in my fridge I need to donate and a sharps container to deal with. If you do have to use the Follistim it is pretty easy to use with the pen and you can barely feel the needle because it is so small.

Hillary said...

That sounds like a very interesting weekend...! Glad it was fun, and that you're all set to go next cycle (IF you even need it!)

the misfit said...

Sounds like quite the adventure :). What DO you do with a sharps box when you're done? You're going to give yourself shots??? So brave...