No period

Friday, January 22, 2010

Dontcha love BFN's at 16dpo but no period, no cramps, no spotting, even after $-e-x?!?!?!?!?

I woke up at 2am last night and swore that AF would be arriving before morning. When I took my temp, I was sure it'd be 97.1. When Mr. A was interested in a little activity before we got up, I was sure that he'd be the first one to tell me that I'd started. When I checked the tp before I even pee'd, I was sure there'd be red.

Not a chance.

Right now, I don't even feel like she's on her way.

So I'm going to call the RE when they open to get their take on this. I'd love to get a beta (clarification: a positive beta), but then again, we got some ice last night, and I don't really want to drive over the mountain (that sounds funny to me, but that is where the RE is- over the mountain from here!) when I could probably stand to wait this out. (I know, you must think I have the patience of ......whatever animal has alot of patience...)

The thing is that I am still taking the prometrium, but I don't really want to stop until I am for sure that there is no little baby in there. And, I know that many people say that it'll extend your LP or that you won't start while you're taking it, but last cycle I took it for the last half of my LP, and it only extended my LP by 1 day, and I started AF "while" I was taking it, so I am not particularly convinced of that (for me anyway).

When I google 16dpo bfn, there are many stories of women who don't get bfp's until after that, or never at all (just confirmed by a blood test), and I know one of my friend's sisters didn't get her pregnancy confirmed until she was 12 wks because she kept getting bfn's and spotting. Of course this doens't help the rational side of me deal with the (small) chance of being pregnant with a bfn at 16dpo!!! Is it possible that I could be one of those women? Could it be true?!

Only time will tell, I guess! I will update as the day goes on.... Thank you for all your prayers and support- it is really helping me keep my chin up!!

ETA: Beta ordered- leaving to go over the mountain soon! they'll have the results back today before close of business...

14 comments:

Leah said...

I think at 16 DPO, you'll definitely get an accurate result on a home pregnancy test. Of course, this is me being impatient and so excited for you. :-D

I was taking prometrium during my LP, and AF started anyway. So, I think it's a GREAT sign that AF hasn't started.

And about AF cramps. . . When I did find out I was pregnant, I had AF cramps like crazy. Thought it would start at ANY moment. So, even that's a normal sign.

Thinking of you and praying you get a positive result.

Jenny said...

~*~*~*~*~POSITIVE beta vibes!~*~*~*~*~

Shanny said...

I'm sending you lots of positive beta vibes also! GL!

The Wife said...

No AF at 16DPO is a good start, I think. I hope the beta is positive. When I got my BFP, for the past week I thought for sure AF was on her way because of the cramping. When it didn't after a week, I took the test. I'm still praying for your BFP!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! I'm sending you tons of positive beta vibes. :)

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Update us when you get that Beta back. I am thinking good news is a 'comin your way!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

the misfit said...

My understanding is that it's definitely possible to get a false negative, but there aren't a lot of false positives. I totally get that you want to keep taking the prometrium in case you might be preggers, but that stopping would be good if you weren't. I wouldn't want to drive over a mountain either :), but it sounds like a beta would be nice and conclusive. Is there a local clinic you could get the test done at, rather than going all the way to your RE?

Anonymous said...

I've definitely heard from women who haven't gotten positives until 18dpo or later even, so anything is possible at this point. I've taken nat'l prog. for months now and it's never delayed AF (even with my ridiculously high levels), but I don't know how it works differently than Prometrium.

Wishing you luck!!!

AL said...

Oh, A, I hope you get a positive beta. it's possible. Everything crossed for you!

TeeJay said...

I wish you would just POAS, already. :-) I'm not patient, obviously. Best of luck today and I hope you get a really good positive beta later!! I can't wait!

Priscilla said...

Thinking of you... ((HUGS))

Hillary said...

Thinking of you, A, and hoping for positive results!

Basic Girl said...

Sending positive beta vibes your way!!! So hoping this is it for you!