Fun Times All Around

Saturday, July 25, 2009

So yah, I got to meet the misfit yesterday! (Did you love our picture? Hehe!) We had a really nice lunch- it was so nice to talk (you know, actually talk instead of "talk") to someone who is also longing so much for a little one amidst the rest of what life throws her way. I did realize though, that I am pretty lucky in the lack-of-kid-bombardment, though- it sounds like she (and alot of the rest of you) has many family members and friends with lots of small children per set of parents. I think that would make trying for a baby, especially trying for a long time, reeeeally way more difficult. Luckily, I don't have that many friends (ha!- I blame it on my small in-the-middle-of-nowhere town/area), and the friends I do have who have kids are all geographically pretty far away and we don't talk that much, and I am the oldest of my sibs, so none of my younger sibs have surpassed me in that area yet. For now, I will be thankful for this aspect of my trying- I can definitely imagine that being surrounded by eternally fertile people would make the every-day struggle pretty tough.

Today has been a great day, too. I made some knock-out pancakes (choc. chip for Mr. A) for breakfast, and he put in another paver set for a third rain barrel! We are very excited. While he was arranging the pavers, I weeded/thinned out my front flower beds. I am trying to make many mental notes about what perennials I want to move where, come fall time, when it is easier/recommended to transplant things. I am hoping to befriend someone in my neighborhood by then who wouldn't separating out some black eyed susan's for me... and I need to find a gardening guru who can come tell me what on earth is happening to my poppy plants. Remember how beautiful the one bloomed? Well it had been in the full sun, so I decided to move the rest into full sun, and they have really taken off and become enormous, but the blooms look like some weed or something, purpley and feathery! I don't know what is going on! I even asked my expert gardener aunt, and she had no idea. Anyone an experienced poppy-grower?? I'll have to take a picture to show you what I mean.

We are going to hang out at the pool until we walk Banana, and then we have a doggy play date tonight. Ha! We're only practicing for our kids' play dates, of course.

As for my cycle, I go back and forth on how much confidence I have in it (last night I was feeling majorly pumped, this morning not so much), but I'm trying to remain as positive as possible!! It would be such a miracle if God has decided to bless us with a baby/s. But because I try to laugh through all this infertility baggage, I really got a chuckle out of this that I stumbled upon earlier:



Hahaha!! I hope that's not what happened inside me this time! Ha! I love this "style" of ticker (I was so psyched when Sew chose it for her blog!)- I think it is so cool to watch the baby change!! I sure hope and pray I can start shopping for pregnancy tickers next week!

4 comments:

the misfit said...

I am beyond impressed with your landscaping. I spend a few hours on a gardening project and then lose interest and everything dies. (And sometimes I spend a lot of time and it dies anyway.)

It was so much fun to chat with a real gal who's going through infertility also, and sit over lunch like a normal person!

The Wife said...

Being able to talk to a real live person who really knows what you're going through is awesome. I wish I had a garden expert! I'm always struggling. When's your testing date? I'm Thursday. Unless I cheat and do Wednesday.

Hillary said...

So glad you got to hang out with another blogger -- so fun! And I love that pregnancy ticker too :)

prayerfuljourney said...

Lord willing you'll get some good news this month. I know from experience myself...having IF for a long time is a bummer but it is what it is...sometimes it gets easier and sometimes not. I'm pretty lucky in that we only have a few friends still having children but otherwise everyone else has had them and is moving on, we don't get too many prego announcements. I love the ticker too....maybe I need to post that on my blog...yeah...that is basically where I am at. God Bless.