And off we go!

Monday, June 08, 2009

CD1 here! Let's enter bizarro world- I am so excited to start this new cycle!! Hip, hip, hooray for no tears today!! (I didn't mean to make that rhyme...ha!)

I am so thankful for the last 2 weeks that gave my soul a respite from the so-hopeful cycles and persistent, caustic waiting. I know I've said that before, but it was so refreshing. I almost feel like I'm beginning anew on the ttc front! Thank you God for your mercy!! I know it will be hard not to let my hopes soar again this time around, especially with the medication, but I will try to do all things based on hope in the revelation of God's plan for our family, not just that God would bless us with our first little one. (Okay, maybe both- that's allowed, right?) In some ways, I think the RE appointment was somewhat of a revelation (maybe act one) about God's plan, but we will have to stick around for the subsequent acts and not cut out at intermission!!

My friend K and I were swapping cl.omid recommendations today. She had a hard week last week with 3 pregnancy announcements within 24 hours, so if you have an extra prayer-second, please keep her in mind. I'll be about a week or two ahead of her starting the meds, so she is looking forward to seeing how they affect me. I just told her that I'm praying we're in it together for the cl.omid cycles and our first pregnancies! Lord, have mercy!!

I was thinking today that it is kind of coincidental that as a result of the less-than-lovely family vacation last week, Mr. A and I are planning our first nuclear family (him, me, Banana, baby?) for next summer right now, at the beginning of this cl.omid cycle. We are so much looking forward to having it just be us next year- how blessed would it be if it was not only our first just-us vacation, but our baby's, too? I have been reminded many times in the last week how simply breathtaking it is to be married to Mr. A. The intensity of how thankful I am for him and his leadership of me/our family is almost too much for words. God has sustained and graced our marriage so amazlingly, and He has allowed us so much happiness even during these tough years of ttc. I can't wait to see Mr. A hold our first child- I think I will just be overcome!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I'm so excited and happy for you! And hopefully you'll have minimal side effects :)